Ontario Creates understands that COVID-19 has created many challenges across the creative industries.
- Projects may address necessary COVID-19 responses, in keeping with the program objectives. Companies will be permitted to budget funds for operations-related costs, including salaries. Project outcomes should account for these types of necessary expenses.
- The cost of participating in virtual activities/events that facilitate international business and audience development will be eligible including costs associated with the preparation of marketing materials.
- As the COVID-19 situation evolves, successful applicants will be permitted to make activity changes as necessary.
- Please contact your program consultant in advance to discuss the specifics of your circumstances and projected deliverables.
The Ontario Creates Book Fund supports the business development of independent Ontario-based book publishers. Funding is provided for marketing initiatives that promote the works of Canadian authors to both foreign and domestic markets, as well as activities that enable publishers to build on their capacity to achieve business development goals.
Eligible projects must have clear and measurable objectives.
June 3, 2021 by 5:00 PM ET
Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $150,000 depending on eligible sales revenue, capped at 75% of the total project budget.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in Book Fund Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms.
- All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”. If your company is registered, the Ontario Creates Book Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. There is flexibility for completing the application form – you may begin at any time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back and edit and/or add information until the time when the application is actually submitted.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Ontario Creates Book Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 PM ET on the day prior to the Information Session.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM ET
Friday, April 23, 2021 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET
Recording of Information Session held on April 14, 2021.
Attending an Information Session is not a substitute for reading the guidelines. Please read the guidelines.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 9, 2021 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have additional accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
Guidelines, Documents and Application Form
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to email@example.com.
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.