Ontario Creates understands that COVID-19 has created many challenges across the creative industries.
- Projects may address necessary COVID-19 responses, in keeping with the program objectives. Companies will be permitted to budget funds for operations-related costs, including salaries. Project outcomes should account for these types of necessary expenses.
- The cost of participating in virtual activities/events that facilitate international business and audience development will be eligible including costs associated with the preparation of marketing materials.
- As the COVID-19 situation evolves, successful applicants will be permitted to make activity changes as necessary.
- Please contact your program consultant in advance to discuss the specifics of your circumstances and projected deliverables.
The Ontario Creates Magazine Fund supports the business development of independent Ontario-based magazine publishers. Funds are provided to assist in the growth of these businesses through the creation and implementation of new strategic initiatives that enable publishers to achieve business development and/or marketing objectives. Eligible projects should have clear, objective and measurable results
May 28, 2021 by 5:00 pm ET
Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $75,000, depending on eligible sales revenue, capped at 75% of the total project budget.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Magazine Fund Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms.
Magazine publishers may also be eligible to apply to the Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Fund. Click here for more details.
- Applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on the OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”. If your company is registered, the Magazine Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. There is flexibility for completing the application form – you may begin at any time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back and edit and/or add information until the time when the application is actually submitted.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Magazine Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session. The same information is provided in both sessions.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET
Thursday, April 15, 2021 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
10:30 am - 12:00 pm ET
Recording of Information Session held on April 15, 2021.
Attending an Information Session is not a substitute for reading the guidelines. Please read the guidelines.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com by April 6, 2021 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have additional accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
Guidelines and Application Form
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program you are interested in.