Export Fund - Book
Ontario Creates understands that COVID-19 has created many challenges across the creative industries. Company activities that facilitate international business and audience development are eligible provided they align with the objectives of the Export Fund program. Travel and participation in industry events organized by third parties is not required. Eligible activities/costs may include but are not limited to:
- design and production of marketing materials including equipment, staff and operations costs
- participation in virtual events and meetings including equipment, staff and operations costs
- market and business consultants to facilitate connections with audience and other partners
- As the COVID-19 situation evolves, successful applicants will be permitted to make activity changes as necessary. As always, activity changes must be approved in advance.
The Ontario Creates Export Fund - Book provides eligible Ontario publishers with funding to pursue strategic export development activities that support company growth and produce measurable business development results.
Primary activities supported include targeted sales trips and attendance at international market events.
Monday, May 3, 2021 5:00 pm ET
Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $15,000 capped at 50% of the total costs for all activities.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in Ontario Creates Export Fund – Book Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms.
- All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca/ and click on “Register”.If your company is registered, the Ontario Creates Export Fund - Book program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. There is flexibility for completing the application form – you may begin at any time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back and edit and/or add information until the time when the application is actually submitted.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Ontario Creates Export Fund - Book Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session. The same information is provided in both sessions.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
10:30 am - 12:00 pm ET
Friday, April 23, 2021 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com by April 8, 2021 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have additional accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
Guidelines, Documents and Application Form
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.