AcceleratiON Program Application
Please thoroughly review the information below, as well as the AcceleratiON program guidelines.
We strongly encourage applicants to attend the information session (see date and registration details below) and/or contact the Ontario Music Office in advance of applying.
Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 by 5:00 pm EST - CLOSED
Funding decisions will be announced within 12-14 weeks after the deadline.
Eligible Timeframe for Activities:
Spending must be incurred between January 1 and December 31, 2023
Eligible applicants must be:
- Self-identifying Black- and Indigenous-owned businesses that generate the majority of their revenue from music-based activities;*
- Incorporated or a registered business (with a Master Business Licence);
- In operation for a minimum of one year; and
- A legal resident of Canada, and must have been a resident of Ontario for at least one year at the time of application.
Businesses and organizations that have received support through any of the Ontario Music Investment Fund program streams are not eligible for this program. Indigenous-owned businesses may request an exception to this stipulation by contacting the Ontario Music Office at least 2 weeks ahead of the deadline.
Black: people who trace their roots to Sub-Saharan Africa, including those with origins in Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America
Indigenous: First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples
For applicants with more than one owner, at least 50% of the ownership must identify as Black or Indigenous.
* Examples of eligible music businesses include: record labels, music publishers, artist managers, concert promoters, festival presenters, booking agents, recording studios, music production businesses, podcasters & owners of original content platforms, music publicists, and music marketing businesses. Artist-entrepreneurs that are expanding their vision to incorporate any of the above business models (beyond their solo/group’s career) may also be considered.
Minimum requested amount: $2,500
Maximum requested amount: $20,000
Spending must be incurred between January 1 and December 31, 2023. Please review the AcceleratiON Guidelines for more details on eligible activities and costs.
- Applicants must submit their applications electronically through the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP) at https://apply.ontariocreates.ca.
- Applicants that do not have a user account on OAP should go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca/ and click on “Register.” For assistance, please see the “OAP Quick Start Guide”.
- For technical assistance, please contact the OAP Helpdesk at email@example.com.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. The application can be worked on over time and information can be saved as it is entered. Once saved, information may be added/edited until the time when the application is submitted.
All requested documentation must be submitted by the program deadline. The Ontario Music Office is not obligated to follow-up with applicants to request missing documentation.
Late applications will not be considered for funding. Prior discussion with Ontario Creates regarding the eligibility of an activity does not guarantee funding.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the webinar.
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
Attending an Information Session is not a substitute for reading the guidelines. Please read the guidelines.
The AcceleratiON guidelines contain an overview of the information that is required to be submitted with an application, however, the application itself can only be submitted via the OAP.
You must have a user account in order to access the full application form. In order to set up a user account, please visit https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register.” For assistance, please see the “OAP Quick Start Guide”.
Please start the application process at least two weeks ahead of the deadline in order to allow ample time to complete the registration process, compile the required application materials and complete the application questions.